Contact Drake Law Firm for you Free Consultation.
For a quicker response, please call us now at 844-513-7253
- Free Consultation
- Never Pay Anything Out Of Pocket
- Over $150 Million For Our Clients
- We Come to You
California Bicycle Accident Attorney
Representing Injured Bicyclists Across CA
Bicyclists have the same rights as motor vehicles, as well as the same legal duty to act reasonably and lawfully when operating on public roadways. Unfortunately, they do not have the same protections to keep them as safe from serious harms when involved in a crash.
At Drake Law Firm, our California bicycle accident lawyers represent injured riders and families across the state in civil personal injury lawsuits. We know bicyclists often suffer significant injuries and losses, and we are dedicated to helping them pursue the financial recoveries they need and deserve.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a preventable bicycle crash, Drake Law Firm has the experience and resources to guide you through the legal journey ahead.
Why Drake Law Firm?
- We have recovered more than $150 million in compensation for our clients.
- Our firm is focused exclusively on representing injured victims and their families.
- Our attorneys, paralegals, and staff have over 100 years’ experience in personal injury law.
- We work on contingency fees – if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Drake Law Firm is committed to helping clients navigate the road to recovery. Led by Attorney Benjamin Drake, we prioritize close communication and accessibility, and take a personalized approach to every case. We serve bicycle accident victims from offices in Los Angeles, Stockton, Fresno, and San Francisco. Call or contact us online to request a FREE case review.
Determining Fault in Bicycle Accident Claims
Victims of preventable injuries have the right to seek a financial recovery of their damages from at-fault parties. By filing a civil personal injury lawsuit, victims have an opportunity to prove their damages were caused by the negligent or wrongful acts of another.
Because bicycle accidents have many potential causes, victims may seek compensation from:
- Negligent drivers
- Rideshare companies such as Uber or Lyft
- Manufacturers of defective products
- Owners of private property with avoidable hazards
- Municipalities or government entities responsible for unsafe road conditions
- Negligent transit operators, including trucking and bus companies
In the state of California, motorists (which includes automobile drivers and bicyclists) are obligated to use “reasonable care” when operating their vehicles. In the event of a traffic collision, a party (or multiple parties) may be held liable for resulting damages if they failed to uphold their duty of using reasonable care to avoid the crash. This is known as a breach of duty.
A breach of duty commonly results from negligence, such as:
- A traffic violation (i.e. running a red light, failure to yield, unsafe lane change)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to comply with trucking regulations (i.e. properly licensed and certified drivers, cargo securement requirements, or hours-of-service rules)
- Failing to keep roads or walkways free from potential hazards that can foreseeably cause harm
At Drake Law Firm, we know determining fault and building a strong claim requires extensive investigation and meticulous attention to detail. It’s why we work with experts, medical professionals and investigators to determine what happened and who was responsible, and why we take a team approach to evaluating available insurance coverage and how best to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Fighting for Your Damages After a Bicycle Crash
Though victims injured by the negligence of others have a right to recover their damages, all victims must understand that they cannot expect to be treated fairly by insurance companies that represent policyholders in these cases.
As corporations that care more about profits than people, insurers are quick to dispute and deny victims’ claims, and take every opportunity to underpay them. For these reasons, fighting for a full and fair recovery demands the attention of experienced lawyers who have the resources to fight back.
While every case is unique, recoverable damages in bicycle accident cases can cover:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation, medical devices, and medications
- Lost wages and lost future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Lost quality of life
At Drake Law Firm, our team is diligent in evaluating just how extensively accidents and injuries impacted our clients’ lives. In addition to calculating the financial toll of our clients’ losses, we also take the time to understand their emotional suffering, and work with medical experts to determine whether they are likely to face any future expenses associated with the need to treat or live with their injuries.
Call for a FREE Case Evaluation: 844-513-7253
Choosing the right attorney for your bicycle accident claim is an important decision that can make all the difference in your fight for full compensation. Trusted by clients across California, Drake Law Firm has proven our ability to take on even the most challenging cases, and secure the results victims deserve.
To discuss your bicycle accident and how Drake Law Firm can help you in the fight for justice, contact us for a FREE case evaluation.