Contact Drake Law Firm for you Free Consultation.
For a quicker response, please call us now at 844-513-7253
- Free Consultation
- Never Pay Anything Out Of Pocket
- Over $150 Million For Our Clients
- We Come to You
California Train Accident Lawyer
Call for a FREE Case Review: 844-513-7253
Trains are regarded as one of the safest forms of transportation, but they are not free from all risks. In fact, passengers, pedestrians, and motorists can suffer serious harms when rail transit operators or others fail to take reasonable steps that ensure public safety.
If you or someone you love has suffered harm in a train accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your losses by bringing a personal injury lawsuit against those who were responsible.
In order to recover the compensation you deserve, however, you will need to investigate what happened, gather evidence, and structure the arguments needed to prove your claim. At Drake Law Firm, our award-winning California train accident attorney can provide the legal support and resources required to do just that.
Why Work with Drake Law Firm?
- We focus on personal injury law – fighting for victims is all we do.
- Our attorneys and staff have more than 100 years of combined experience.
- We have recovered $150+ million in compensation for our clients.
- We offer FREE consultations and charge no fee unless we win.
Attorney Benjamin Drake and our team make personal attention our top priority. We know preventable accidents can upend the lives of victims and their loved ones and we take every measure possible to guide clients swiftly and successfully through these difficult times.
To learn about your rights after a train accident and how we may be able to help you, call or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Train Accident Injuries & Liability
Personal injury claims are civil lawsuits filed by victims who allege another party is at fault for causing them harm and losses, and that this at-fault party should be held financially responsible (liable).
Proving fault and liability is the most important part of the personal injury process, but it can be a challenging and highly technical task. This is especially true when multiple parties are involved in an accident and victims must determine who is at fault and what percentage of fault each party bears.
Because building a winning case takes time and diligent effort, working with dedicated legal representation is crucial. At Drake Law Firm, we are passionate about helping clients recover the compensation they need to pay for medical bills, cover lost income, and repair their lives. We also have the resources to conduct in-depth investigations, determine what happened, and gather the evidence to demonstrate how our clients’ losses could have been prevented if not for negligence.
Our attorneys draw from over a century of experience to help victims with all types of train accident claims, including those involving:
- Train derailment or train-to-train collisions
- Amtrak and Metrolink accidents
- Subway and light rail systems
- Cable car and trolly services
- Passenger or rail worker injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents at railroad crossings
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Negligence in Train Accident Cases
Though there are many types of train accidents, there are a few common scenarios that can help you better understand how negligence, fault, and liability work in these cases. Here are a few examples:
- Train derailment: Train derailments can have devastating consequences. While there are many possible causes, derailments often stem from the negligence of conductors who exceed safe speeds, the failures of transit workers to properly maintain rail systems, poorly maintained train cars, and defective products.
- Train-to-train collisions: Collisions involving two trains can increase risks of serious or fatal injuries. In California, several notable train collisions, including a 2008 Metrolink crash in Chatsworth, have been linked to the negligence of distracted train conductors.
- Rail crossing crashes: Motorists and pedestrians stand no match for speeding trains, which is why it is crucial that all rail crossing systems function properly and that all motorists obey traffic laws. Unfortunately, rail crossing accidents can be caused by negligent drivers who crash into other vehicles and push them onto tracks, or by negligent rail system operators that fail to fix broken signals or cross-arms at railroad crossings.
- Train passenger injuries: Major accidents are not the only way train passengers can suffer harm. Some can be injured by slip and fall accidents, falling items or cargo, or by negligent or inadequate security that fails to prevent passengers from being assaulted by a third party.
Let Drake Law Firm Evaluate Your Potential Claim
Drake Law Firm has earned the trust of victims and families across California because we care about our clients and leverage our experience to fight the justice and financial recoveries they deserve. With offices in Los Angeles, Fresno, Stockton, and San Francisco, our team is standing by to discuss your potential train accident claim and what we can do to help.
Contact us to request a FREE consultation.