Reseda Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
¿Ha sufrido lesiones catastróficas en un accidente?
Simple accidents happen every day. In some cases the outcomes aren't that simple, however. People might slip and fall down a single step or an entire flight of stairs, particularly when railings are inadequate or faulty. Reckless drivers cause injuries when they crash into someone else's car. Simple accidents aren't a big concern as long as people walk away with only minor bumps and bruises. If you sustain major or catastrophic injuries, however, you may struggle with pain, disabilities, and economic losses for the rest of your life.
Seemingly common accidents occasionally result in long-term medical care, ongoing medical expenses, lost wages, and unexpected disabilities. When another person causes or contributes to your injury, that individual should pay for your damages. Unfortunately, negligent individuals or entities don't always step up and take responsibility for their actions. Therefore, it's up to you and a Reseda catastrophic injury lawyer to do what's necessary to make them pay.
¿Cuáles son las lesiones catastróficas más comunes?
Federal law considers any permanent injury preventing an individual from working as catastrophic. Yet, some injuries happen more than others. Some common kinds of catastrophic injuries include:
- Severe burns are not just really painful, but they can also be traumatic and produce life-long physical and emotional pain. Burns are categorized as catastrophic when they cover much of the body and require reconstructive surgeries, skin grafts, and in some cases a medically induced coma to heal. Even with medical care, the risk of infection due to wide, deep burns is significant.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are caused by an outside force striking or penetrating the skull. These injuries are generally caused by a violent blow to the head or by an object penetrating the skull. Traumatic brain injuries commonly occur in severe car accidents, slips and falls, and workplace injuries. Brain injuries that are categorized as catastrophic typically mean that a victim experiences cognitive problems, like loss of memory and ability to concentrate; physical problems, like impaired coordination and balance and loss of motor functioning; hearing issues; vision problems; and behavioral issues, like depression, anxiety, and aggression. In situations with serious brain injuries, victims might experience a coma, a vegetative state, or death.
- Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic because of how essential the spine is to the human body's operation. A traumatic spinal cord injury can occur due to a sudden blow to the spine during a car crash or slip and fall. A catastrophic spinal cord injury frequently causes permanent loss of strength, feeling, and function below the site of the injury. This may cause temporary paralysis or even permanent paraplegia or quadriplegia. In these cases, the injured victim will likely require extensive rehabilitation and assistive devices to return to some movement and independence.
- Severe orthopedic injuries such as crushed bones and fractures requiring several surgical procedures are also classified as catastrophic. A crushed bone or several fractures usually occurs when force or pressure is placed on a body part. Oftentimes these types of injuries result from being stuck between two heavy objects in a car crash or a workplace accident. Crushed bone injuries are extremely painful, can require several surgeries, and run the risk of long-term issues.
- Amputation, meaning the loss of a limb or an extremity, is usually a result of a severe accident. An amputation often can not be repaired and may put the patient's life at risk. Amputations are less common than most other catastrophic injuries, however when they do happen it usually means a permanent disability for those whose amputations were a result of an accident.
- Permanent vision or hearing loss clearly creates a significant problem for those that suffer these types of injuries. For this reason, vision and hearing loss are categorized as catastrophic. When an individual no longer has the ability to hear or see, they face a lifetime of hardship, financial difficulties, pain and suffering, lost income potential, and independence.
¿Qué tipo de daños y perjuicios puedo reclamar?
If the court rules in your favor or you reach a settlement prior to litigation, you can acquire damages for losses you (or your loved one) have sustained as a result of the catastrophic injury.
Algunos ejemplos de los tipos de daños que puede recuperar son:
- Costes estimados actuales y futuros del tratamiento médico, incluido el servicio de ambulancia, la visita a urgencias, la hospitalización, la cirugía, la medicación, el tratamiento continuo y los cuidados de enfermería continuados en un centro de cuidados a largo plazo.
- Salarios perdidos y pérdida de capacidad de ganancia para compensar a las víctimas de lesiones catastróficas que no pueden volver a trabajar o buscar un empleo en el futuro
- Home modification costs to make a home more accessible for someone with a catastrophic injury by adding things like wheelchair ramps, handrails, and constructing a main floor living area for those who can not use stairs
- Expenses for replacement services a household has to use for activities and labor the accident victim did prior to their injuries, such as a lawn care service, snow removal service, childcare, and a cleaning service
- Dolor y sufrimiento físico
- Dolor y sufrimiento psicológico
- Disminución de la calidad de vida
- Pérdida de consorcio con el cónyuge
- Daños punitivos en casos extremos de negligencia grave o daño intencionado
¿Cómo puede ayudar a mi reclamación un abogado con experiencia?
Catastrophic injuries are life-altering events that leave victims economically devastated. Recovering damages for catastrophic injuries is more than getting compensation for negligence, it is a critical source of funding for future costs related to the injury. Adding insult to injury, insurance providers use every technique in their playbook to protect their bottom line and avoid paying claims.
Catastrophic injury claims are high-value claims that require extra resources and experienced attorneys. Experienced catastrophic injury lawyers do not just submit paperwork, they advocate for you and your loved one every step of the way.
Algunos ejemplos de cómo los abogados especializados en lesiones catastróficas ayudan a sus clientes son:
- Investigar un caso para identificar todos los hechos
- Developing a strong case against the opposition
- Consultar con profesionales que ayuden a aumentar el valor de un siniestro
- Obtención de valiosos testimonios de testigos
- Negociación con las compañías de seguros
- Llevar un caso a juicio cuando el acuerdo no es una solución
- Negociación para reducir los gastos médicos cuando se obtiene una oferta de liquidación superior
Catastrophic injuries devastate victims and their families physically, psychologically, and economically. Get in touch with our experienced Reseda catastrophic injury lawyers to see if we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
If a negligent person or company causes catastrophic injuries to you or a loved one, you need to take immediate actions to protect your legal rights. At Drake Law Firm, we always fight hard to recover damages for our clients, and we 'd like to determine if we can help you.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Catastrophic Accident in Reseda, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!