Panorama City Catastrophic Accident Attorneys
¿Ha sufrido lesiones catastróficas en un accidente?
Simple accidents happen daily. Sometimes the outcomes aren't that simple, however. Individuals may slip and fall down a single step or an entire flight of stairs, especially when railings are inadequate or faulty. Reckless drivers cause injuries when they crash into another person's vehicle. Simple accidents aren't a major concern as long as people walk away with only minor bumps and bruises. If you suffer major or catastrophic injuries, however, you might deal with pain, disabilities, and financial losses for the rest of your life.
Seemingly common accidents occasionally lead to long-term medical care, ongoing medical bills, lost wages, and unexpected disabilities. When another person causes or contributes to your injury, that individual should cover your damages. However, negligent people or entities do not always step up and take responsibility for their actions. Therefore, it's up to you and a Panorama City catastrophic injury attorney to do what's necessary to make them pay.
¿Cuáles son las lesiones catastróficas más comunes?
Federal law considers any permanent injury preventing a person from working as catastrophic. Yet, some injuries occur more than others. Some common kinds of catastrophic injuries include:
- Severe burns are not only really painful, but they can also be traumatic and produce life-long physical and psychological pain. Burns are classified as catastrophic when they cover much of the body and require reconstructive surgeries, skin grafts, and in some cases a medically induced coma to recover. Even with medical care, the risk of infection due to wide, deep burns is significant.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are caused by an outside force striking or penetrating the skull. These injuries are usually caused by a violent blow to the head or by an object penetrating the skull. Traumatic brain injuries often happen in serious car accidents, slips and falls, and workplace injuries. Brain injuries that are categorized as catastrophic often mean that a victim suffers from cognitive problems, like loss of memory and ability to focus; physical issues, like impaired coordination and balance and loss of motor functioning; hearing issues; vision problems; and behavioral issues, like depression, anxiety, and aggression. In situations with serious brain injuries, victims might experience a coma, a vegetative state, or death.
- Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic because of how essential the spine is to the human body's function. A traumatic spinal cord injury can occur because of a sudden blow to the spine during a car crash or slip and fall. A catastrophic spinal cord injury often causes permanent loss of strength, sensation, and function below the site of the injury. This can cause temporary paralysis or even permanent paraplegia or quadriplegia. In these cases, the injured victim will likely require extensive rehabilitation and assistive devices to return to some movement and independence.
- Serious orthopedic injuries such as crushed bones and fractures requiring several surgical procedures are also categorized as catastrophic. A crushed bone or multiple fractures most often happens when force or pressure is placed on a body part. Sometimes these kinds of injuries are due to being stuck in between two heavy objects in a car accident or a workplace accident. Crushed bone injuries are extremely painful, may require several surgeries, and run the risk of long-term problems.
- Amputation, meaning the loss of a limb or an extremity, is often a result of a serious accident. An amputation often can not be fixed and may put the individual's life at risk. Amputations are less common than most other catastrophic injuries, however when they do happen it typically means a lifelong disability for those whose amputations were a result of an accident.
- Permanent vision or hearing loss clearly creates a significant problem for those who experience these kinds of injuries. Therefore, vision and hearing loss are classified as catastrophic. When an individual no longer has the ability to hear or see, they face a lifetime of hardship, financial difficulties, pain and suffering, lost income potential, and independence.
¿Qué tipo de daños y perjuicios puedo reclamar?
Si el tribunal falla a su favor o llega a un acuerdo antes del litigio, puede obtener una indemnización por las pérdidas que usted (o su ser querido) haya sufrido como consecuencia de la lesión catastrófica.
Algunos ejemplos de los tipos de daños que puede recuperar son:
- Current and future estimated medical treatment expenses, including ambulance service, emergency room visit, hospitalization, surgery, medication, ongoing treatment, and continued nursing care in a long-term care facility
- Lost income and lost earning capacity to compensate catastrophic injury victims who can not go back to work or pursue future employment
- Home modification expenses to make a house more accessible for a person with a catastrophic injury by adding things like wheelchair ramps, handrails, and constructing a main floor living area for those who can not use stairs
- Expenses for replacement services a household must use for tasks and labor the accident victim did prior to their injuries, such as a lawn care service, snow removal service, childcare, and a cleaning service
- Dolor y sufrimiento físico
- Dolor y sufrimiento emocional
- Disminución de la calidad de vida
- Pérdida de consorcio con el cónyuge
- Daños punitivos en casos extremos de negligencia grave o daño intencionado
¿Cómo puede ayudar a mi caso un abogado con experiencia?
Catastrophic injuries are life-altering events that leave victims economically devastated. Recovering damages for catastrophic injuries is more than receiving compensation for negligence, it is an essential source of financing for future costs related to the injury. Adding insult to injury, insurance providers use every technique in their playbook to protect their bottom line and avoid paying claims.
Catastrophic injury claims are high-value claims that need additional resources and skilled lawyers. Experienced catastrophic injury attorneys do not just file paperwork, they advocate for you and your loved one every step of the way.
Algunos ejemplos de cómo los abogados especializados en lesiones catastróficas ayudan a sus clientes son
- Investigar una reclamación para identificar todos los hechos
- Construir un caso sólido contra la otra parte
- Consultas con expertos que ayuden a aumentar el valor de un caso
- Asegurar el valioso testimonio de los testigos
- Negociación con las compañías de seguros
- Llevar un caso a juicio cuando la conciliación no es una opción
- Negociación para reducir los gastos médicos cuando se obtiene una oferta de liquidación superior
Catastrophic injuries devastate victims and their families physically, psychologically, and financially. Contact our experienced Panorama City catastrophic injury attorneys to see if we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
If a negligent individual or company causes catastrophic injuries to you or a family member, you must take immediate steps to protect your legal rights. At Drake Law Firm, we always fight hard to recover damages for our clients, and we 'd like to determine if we can assist you.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Catastrophic Accident in Panorama City, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!